Move from hustle to business.
To hustle may sound fashionable but only a business can have a future. If you are ready to make the switch from hustle to business, we are here to help you succeed. Get all the strategic, creative, digital and analytics solutions you need to launch, manage and grow your business.
Terms and Conditions of Service.
Starthub Platforms Limited is a technology services company, providing through its website (www.starthub.ng) and all of its collective websites and platforms (“Sites”), business solutions using technology through business registration/incorporation services, including tax registrations, business bank accounts, and corporate compliance in Nigeria, as well as accompanying business solutions to grow, and manage a business.
Please read these Terms and Conditions of service (“Terms”) carefully. These Terms govern your use of products and services by Starthub and its subsidiary platforms, services or products. Starthub Platforms Limited and its subsidiaries are collectively referred herein as “Starthub” “we” or “us”, while “you”, “client” or “user” refer to you as a user of the site, services, products or the platform.
These Services (as defined below) are performed by us through our strategic partnerships with stakeholders and experts.
BY ACCEPTING THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND NOTICES CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT JUST AS IF YOU HAD SIGNED THIS AGREEMENT.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Starthub.ng is not a law firm, and may not perform services performed by an attorney. Starthub.ng and its Website are not a substitute for the advice or services of an attorney, or a law firm and does not engage in the practice of law. Starthub cannot and does not provide any kind of advice, explanation, opinion, or recommendation about possible legal rights, licencing, obligations, remedies, defenses, options, or selection of forms, or strategies. Starthub.ng makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, or completeness of the information contained on its Sites.
In these Terms, the following words and phrases shall, save where the context otherwise requires, have the following meanings:
- “Client” means any natural or legal person who has signed up on Starthub’s Sites whether that person completes or abandons his application in relation to the provision of Services or at whose request Starthub shall have agreed to provide Services;
- “Client Material” means all (or any) information, documentation and certifications relating to a Client, including (without limitation) details of their legal and beneficial owners and controllers, the Client’s relationship with Starthub, accounts established for a Client, a person’s name, address, place of residence (or registered office), nationality, tax status, date and place of birth (if a natural person), social security or other applicable identification number and any other client due diligence document;
- “Materials” means any pictograph, image, blog post, article, writings, txt files, or any other documents or texts contained on the Starthub website and its subsidiary Sites.
- “Sites” means all Starthub websites and applications, including its subsidiaries;
- “Termination” in connection with a Client means termination of the provision of the Services to, on behalf of or in connection with, such Client, pursuant to the terms hereof.
We offer services for the registration/incorporation of businesses in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations in Nigeria. We do not guarantee the approval of any registration/incorporation applications as this is subject to the discretion of the relevant government agencies. Any fees paid for registration/incorporation services are non-refundable once the application has been submitted.
Branding & Design
We offer branding and design services for logos, websites, marketing collateral, and other related materials. The client is responsible for providing clear briefs and feedback on the design requirements. The client will be provided with a maximum of three revisions within the scope of the initial brief. Additional revisions may be subject to additional fees. Once the design has been approved, any changes requested may be subject to additional fees.
We offer website production services for informational and e-commerce websites. The client is responsible for providing clear briefs and feedback on the website requirements. The client will be provided with a maximum of three revisions within the scope of the initial brief. Additional revisions may be subject to additional fees. Once the website has been approved, any changes requested may be subject to additional fees.
We offer marketing services for social media, search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, and other related services. The client is responsible for providing clear briefs and feedback on the marketing requirements. The client will be provided with a maximum of three revisions within the scope of the initial brief. Additional revisions may be subject to additional fees. Once the marketing plan has been approved, any changes requested may be subject to additional fees.
We offer business operations support services through downloadable templates and documents for business operations management, and other related services. The client is responsible for providing clear briefs and feedback on the business requirements. The client will be provided with a maximum of three revisions within the scope of the initial brief. Additional revisions may be subject to additional fees. Once the business automation has been approved, any changes requested may be subject to additional fees.
Online Courses & Training
We offer online courses and training services for professional development and other related topics.
Our services may also include business listing services (“Urua by Starthub”), Shared workspaces, and Virtual Offices.
Collection of Briefs, Processes, Revisions, Reports/Feedback & Delivery
- We require clear briefs from our clients in order to provide accurate and effective services. The client is responsible for providing clear and complete briefs for each project.
- During the process of completing the project, we will provide regular updates on progress and milestones. The client is expected to provide feedback within a reasonable timeframe. Delays in feedback may result in a delay in the delivery of the project
- For business registration/incorporation:
- We do not guarantee the approval of a particular business name.
- We provide drafts of our proposed submissions to government agencies to the client for perusal and approval before final submissions. Once final submission has been made, any other changes may be subject to additional fees.
- Where the services require, we will provide a proposal or quote for the services requested based on the brief provided.
- The client is entitled to a maximum of three revisions within the scope of the initial brief. Once the project has been approved, any changes requested may be subject to additional fees.
- We will deliver the final report or project to the client via our Customer Relationship Management Platform, email or through other agreed-upon methods. The client is responsible for reviewing the final delivery.
By using the Services, you represent and warrant that:
- You have the legal capacity to enter into this Agreement and in the case of an individual client, have attained the age of majority.
- You are not precluded by any legal encumbrance from executing this agreement;
- You have full corporate power and authority to enter into this agreement and to perform all your obligations hereunder;
- All documents and information provided shall be original, authentic and true to the best of your knowledge;
- You have satisfied all payment requests, wholly and timeously;
- You have taken independent legal and tax advice with respect to these Terms and Agreement and the provision of the Services by Starthub;
- All officers, directors, shareholders, or any other person whose information is submitted for the purpose of providing any of the Services has expressly consented to the use of his/her data in that form;
- The source of any funding, other monies or assets provided, to be provided or procured to be so provided (whether in relation to the Services or for any other purpose), is lawful and not derived from, or in any way otherwise connected with, any illegal activity;
- You will make all such disclosures and report all such matters (in full) as you are legally obliged to do (including, without limitation, in respect of applicable taxation) and, in each case, to the appropriate authority; and
- You are not (directly or indirectly), engaged or involved with any unlawful activity or purpose;
- We reserve the right to cooperate with any official investigating authority if required in relation to any allegations of impropriety against the Client.
- We further reserve the right to refuse any and/or all its services to the Client without giving any reason or explanation thereto, and cannot, under any circumstances, be held responsible for such refusal.
Starthub reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Services (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you, except where we are providing monthly or yearly services, in which case we will endeavor to give you notice prior to the next renewal term. You agree that Starthub will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services or any part thereof. An update published on the Sites will be considered sufficient notice.
Our Services may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications. The Service also may be subject to governmental shutdowns, delays, and other problems associated with governmental agencies. Starthub is not responsible for any delays, failures, or other damage resulting from such problems.
Starthub does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any User Content, data, advertising, products, goods or services available or unavailable from, or through, any third-party registered agent services, third party filers or governmental agencies (collectively “Service Providers”). You agree that should you use or rely on such User Content, data, advertisement, products, goods or services, available or unavailable from, or through any Service Provider, Starthub is not responsible or liable, indirectly or directly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with such use or reliance. Your dealings with, or representation by any Service Provider, and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, are between you and such Service Provider exclusively and do not involve Starthub. You should make whatever investigation or other resources that you deem necessary or appropriate before hiring or engaging Service Providers.
You agree that Starthub is not responsible for the accessibility or unavailability of any Service Provider or for your interactions and dealings with them, waive the right to bring or assert any claim against Starthub relating to any interactions or dealings with any Service Provider, and release Starthub from any and all liability for or relating to any interactions or dealings with Service Providers.
Client Due Diligence Documentation (CDD)
Client Due Diligence Documentation may include, without limitation original certified copies of identity documents, and any other documentation or information as you may be required.
You shall provide Starthub with such information as Starthub considers necessary in order to ensure that the Client complies with applicable legislation on anti-money laundering and due diligence.
You are responsible for ensuring that the information provided to Starthub is correct.
In order to enable us meet our legal obligation, you shall keep Starthub fully and promptly informed of any changes in the beneficial ownership, shareholding and officers of the company.
You shall immediately inform Starthub of the nature of the activities of the company.
You are obligated to provide the requested due diligence material prior to the commencement of the Services.
Bank Account & Banking Partners
Starthub does not accept liability for the inability of our banking business partners to set up any of our User’s bank accounts.
Starthub does not have any access to your banking information, or account and would not be liable for any issues that arise during the set up and use of your account.
Application for Incorporation
The process of setting up a company may take longer than the estimated time if one of the parties involved (e.g., the Government Agency, or any other party) requires additional time to process the request.
Once the incorporation/registration fee is covered by Starthub, no changes can be further made.
All of the documents will be provided digitally, sent via our Customer Relationship Management platforms. A physical copy of the documents will not be provided.
Abandoned or Incomplete Orders
You agree that, other than as required by applicable law, and subject to the Refund Policy, you shall have no right to cancel, request a cash refund, or obtain credit for any undelivered order.
Our full Refund Policy can be found here. Please ensure you read and understand the refund terms before making payment for the Services. If you have any clarifications or questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communication and Instructions
The Client and Starthub may send to each other instructions, notices, documents or any other communication either by email, or via any of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or Project Management platform(s).
Starthub may also act on original, written, facsimile, email or oral guidance or instructions from the Client or a duly appointed agent of the Client. Where guidance or instructions (in any form, including by telephone) are received on behalf of the Client, this shall be entirely at the Client’s own risk.
Where guidance or instructions are received, purporting to come from the Client or a duly appointed agent of the Client, Starthub shall be entitled to accept such guidance or instructions as authentic and to act on them accordingly. Starthub shall not be held liable (in any way whatsoever) as a consequence of acting on any such guidance or instructions.
Starthub shall keep confidential all Client Material unless:
- The information concerned is in the public domain (other than as a consequence of a disclosure made by Starthub in violation of these Terms or the Agreement);
- Starthub is required (or considers it necessary) to disclose the information concerned by virtue of:
- the law or regulation (including, in particular, but without limitation, as may relate to anti-money laundering or taxation matters);
- an order of a court of competent jurisdiction; or
- an instruction or direction from a government department or regulatory authority.
- Starthub is authorized to disclose the information concerned by the Client;
- Starthub considers that such disclosure is:
- necessary or appropriate in furtherance of the provision of the Services;
- (otherwise) conducive to the more effective, efficient, or economical provision of the Services;
- (otherwise) in the best interest of the Client; or
- necessary in order to properly defend any action or claim brought by any person (whether the Client or otherwise);
- Starthub makes a disclosure that it considers appropriate to:
- its professional indemnity insurer from time to time; or
- a representative of the Starthub team, its partners, affiliates or necessary agents from time to time.
Term & Termination
Subject to this Section, these Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use our Products and Services. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Sites (including your Account) at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Services in violation of these Terms. We will attempt to notify you of termination where we have advance notice so that you can download your User Content. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, your Account and right to access and use the Services will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Account may involve the deletion of your User Content associated with your Account from our live databases. Starthub will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms, including for termination of your Account or deletion of your User Content.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF REVENUE, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT,OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM.
STARTHUB SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTS CONDUCTED BY THE COMPANIES THAT ARE INCORPORATED BY VIRTUE OF A CLIENT’S REQUEST AND INFORMATION PROVIDED.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Starthub, its affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your use of the Platform or your breach of these Terms.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which Starthub is registered without giving effect to any conflict of law principles. You irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the jurisdiction in which Starthub is registered for any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms.
Waiver and Severability
No waiver by Starthub of any term or condition set out in these Terms & Conditions of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Starthub to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.